[StudentEngagement] UCR Campus Collective Program Mentor Call (CHASS F1RST)

studentengagement at lists.ucr.edu studentengagement at lists.ucr.edu
Mon Aug 26 15:39:15 PDT 2024

Hello,

I'm reaching out to extend an invitation to serve as a mentor through *UCR
Campus Collective*. This program connects incoming freshman and transfer
students with mentors who can provide valuable support based on their
experiences. I'm Larry Rodriguez, the Community Engaged Learning and
Leadership Coordinator at UCR Center for Undergraduate Research & Engaged
Learning, and I'm the primary contact for UCR Campus Collective. This year
we have partnered with the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
(CHASS) to include all CHASS F1RST Frosh and CHASS Transfers F1RST students
in the program, as alums of the program we want to invite you to serve as a
mentor.  Your experiences will be invaluable to the new CHASS F1RST Frosh
and CHASS Transfers F1RST students.

A representative from Mentor Collective will be in touch with more details
soon.

Overview of the program:

*Matching Process*:

·        Both Mentors and Mentees complete a survey detailing their
backgrounds, experiences, and hopes for a counterpart.

·        Mentor Collective creates matches based on what your mentees say
is most important to them

*Time Commitment:*

·        Once matched, you will both decide how you want to connect: text,
email, video call, or in-person

·        We recommend you connect with your mentee at least once per month

·        We will provide reminders about topics to discuss, upcoming
deadlines, campus events, etc.

*Program Timeline:*

·        This mentorship will end at the end of the 2024-2025 academic
year, but you’re welcome to stay connected with your mentees after the
program's official end.

As we mentioned, you’ll receive another email soon from Mentor Collective.
We hope you’ll consider it. Do not hesitate to contact me with any
questions you may have(larry.rodriguez at ucr.edu). Learn more about UCR
Campus Collective at this link: https://ue.ucr.edu/mentoring

Best,

Larry Rodriguez

Community Engaged Learning and Leadership Coordinator
*Center for Undergraduate Research & Engaged Learning (CUREL)*
engage.ucr.edu | ask.ucr.edu