[Sfts-students] [SFTS] CFP for PAMLA 2024 - Science Fiction - Proposals due April 30

K Persinger k.persinger at email.ucr.edu
Sun Apr 21 18:29:25 PDT 2024

Hello All,

I hope everyone is having a successful Spring quarter and enjoying this
beautiful sunny weather!

I am reaching out to invite submissions for the Science Fiction Standing
Session for the 121st Annual PAMLA Conference. We welcome papers
that engage with some aspect of Science Fiction in media and/or literature,
including closely related fields such as Alternative History and
Speculative Fiction. The conference theme is "Translation in Action," which
certainly offers some very generative possibilities for topics in sf, but
proposals unrelated to the theme are also welcome. For more information
and/or to submit a proposal please see the full CFP here:
https://pamla.ballastacademic.com/Home/S/19192.

PAMLA is in the beginning of November this year, November 7-10, and will be
held (relatively) locally in Palm Springs. *The deadline to submit a
proposal is next week, April 30th*.

Chelsea Yuipco (chelseamae.yuipco at email.ucr.edu) and myself are the
co-presiding officers for this panel, so please feel free to reach out to
either of us with any questions.

All the best,

*K Persinger*, M.A.
*they/them/theirs*
Graduate Student | Department of English