[Sfts-students] [Englishfaculty] Fwd: Upcoming Conference - Futurity as Praxis: Learning from Octavia E. Butler

Jalondra Davis Brown jalondra.a.davisbrown at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 8 16:01:50 PDT 2024

Thank you andré for the announcement! This lands on Thursday when my Public
Humanities course meets so I am planning to bring my students on the bus
and work the talks into our content.

It might be helpful if English Department faculty could consider excusing
students for that day so at least those who have other English Department
classes could attend.

Best,

Jalondra A. Davis
Assistant Professor
Department of English
University of California, Riverside
www.jalondradavis.com
Pronouns: She/her/hers

Recent Publications:

"Crossing Merfolk, The Human, and the Anthropocene in Nalo Hopkinson's *The
New Moon's Arms* and Rivers Solomon's *The Deep*"
<https://www.fantastic-arts.org/jfa/current-issue/>

“Crossing Merfolk Narratives of the Sacred: Nalo Hopkinson’s *The New
Moon’s Arms* and Gabrielle Tesfaye’s *The Water Will Carry Us Home*,”
<https://shimajournal.org/anthologies/mercultures.php>

“Hidden Stars: A Roundtable with Independent Black SF Writers and
Publishers,”
<https://sfrareview.org/2021/10/25/hidden-stars-a-conversation-on-black-indie-speculative-fiction/>