[Sfts-students] Fwd: [sts-friends] INVITATION: STS Summer Retreat, June 30th-July 2nd, Marin Headlands CA

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Tue May 9 14:30:42 PDT 2023

Dear SFCS students,

Please see below re: an STS retreat hosted by the University of Davis.

I'm willing to pay the fee ($170 per person) for anyone working on sf and
STS who wishes to attend. Our students have attended this program in the
past, but it has been a few years due to covid disruptions.

You would have to find your own transportation to the Sausalito area.

Since we have to sort out the payment details by May 30 for inter-campus
transfer, please let me know by May 26 if you wish to attend.

best,
Sherryl
Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of English

*"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our
**responsibility
to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, **and air: the
Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of **their ancestors
and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this **meeting place is
home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, **including UCR
faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the **opportunity
to live and work on these homelands."*