[Sfts-students] out to see the new Matrix

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 3 15:56:36 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year everyone! This is clearly going to be another year of the
'new' normal, but I'm confident we can still generate SFCS community
nonetheless.

Back in early December, we had discussed trying to have a group outing to
see the new Matrix film sometime this week. Given the latest pandemic
developments, and the increased risk of large gatherings, I'm afraid that
is no longer feasible.

We could schedule a zoom time to get together and talk about the film, if
people would be interested in doing that. Or we can just hope for another
film that we might see together, perhaps in Spring?

And we will move forward with some zoom events for this quarter, so that we
can have some semblance of community as we continue to work through these
challenging times.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
Sherryl

Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of English

*"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our
**responsibility
to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, **and air: the
Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of **their ancestors
and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this **meeting place is
home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, **including UCR
faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the **opportunity
to live and work on these homelands."*