[Sfts-students] updated website

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Sat Sep 11 07:19:03 PDT 2021

Dear all,

This summer SFCS student Loren Barbour has done excellent work updating our
website. She has also created a Twitter account for the program that can
automatically retweet anything tagged to @ucrsfcs. So please link anything
relevant in your research and events to the account (for those of you on
twitter).

Please have a look at the new site and let me know if there is anything
else that you would like to add or change.

I'd also like to have a beginning of year meeting for the SFCS students.
Given the changed conditions around COVID since the term was initially
planned, I feel it's best if we do this by zoom now, but hopefully by
Winter we might be able to have events in person.

I'm tentatively thinking late afternoon on October 7 for this meeting,
which should take only an hour or so, 3 or 4 pm. Let me know if anyone has
a conflict at that time, and if not I'll schedule it.

thanks,
Sherryl

Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of English
Director, Speculative Fiction and Cultures of Science
Editor, *Science Fiction Studies*
Editor, *Science and Popular Culture* book series
<https://www.palgrave.com/in/series/15760>