[Sfts-students] Fwd: Applied Imagination Fellowship at ASU

Sherryl Vint sherryl.vint at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 11:09:23 PST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Joey Eschrich <litsci-l at duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 10:56
Subject: Applied Imagination Fellowship at ASU
To: "Colatrella, Carol A" <litsci-l at duke.edu>

Hello, SLSA Friends! Since 2012, the Center for Science and the Imagination
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csi.asu.edu/__;!!OToaGQ!7YnV2yYih-WDra3aTpT5V1JMp22-uUFIAtmaQ9AWa-sX3SZ_fz32qKHBoAbZRDDj$>
at Arizona State University has worked on transdisciplinary projects to
inspire collective imagination for better futures. A year into the global
pandemic that upended many of our institutions, structures, and
closely-held assumptions, it is more evident than ever before that we need
new ideas to grapple with the profound challenges of this new reality.

We believe that imagination is a crucial resource for problem-solving,
anticipation, and resilience, However, these skills are often overlooked
and underdeveloped, resulting in staid plans for "business as usual" and
stifling opportunities for truly transformative change. As an intervention,
we're excited to launch CSI's *Applied Imagination Fellowship
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csi.asu.edu/fellows/__;!!OToaGQ!7YnV2yYih-WDra3aTpT5V1JMp22-uUFIAtmaQ9AWa-sX3SZ_fz32qKHBoOOtto1X$>*
.

Participants in this year-long (June 2021-May 2022), virtual fellowship
will be awarded US$10,000 to work on projects that explore how imagination
is seen, valued, and practiced by individuals and communities in a variety
of settings. Applications are open now at csi.asu.edu/fellows
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csi.asu.edu/fellows/__;!!OToaGQ!7YnV2yYih-WDra3aTpT5V1JMp22-uUFIAtmaQ9AWa-sX3SZ_fz32qKHBoOOtto1X$>
and are due *Monday, April 5 at 3:00pm Eastern time.*

If this speaks to you, please consider this an enthusiastic invitation to
apply! Also, as we look to explore applied imagination in all of its forms,
we’d be incredibly grateful if you shared this call with people in your
networks, and any other students, educators, scholars, technologists, and
community leaders that you think would be a good fit. We’re especially
interested to collaborate with folks from historically underrepresented and
marginalized communities, and we’re hoping to represent a broad range of
perspectives in these fellowship projects.

If you have any questions, please contact my colleague Bob Beard at bob DOT
beard @asu.edu.

Best,

Joey

Joey Eschrich

Editor and Program Manager, Center for Science and the Imagination
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csi.asu.edu/__;!!OToaGQ!7YnV2yYih-WDra3aTpT5V1JMp22-uUFIAtmaQ9AWa-sX3SZ_fz32qKHBoAbZRDDj$>

Assistant Director, Future Tense
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://slate.com/futuretense__;!!OToaGQ!7YnV2yYih-WDra3aTpT5V1JMp22-uUFIAtmaQ9AWa-sX3SZ_fz32qKHBoBsYT0UF$>

Arizona State University

Pronouns: he/him/his

----
For archives and subscription options please see:
http://litsciarts.org

--
Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor, UC Riverside