[Sfts-students] possible discussion topic: Afrofuturist Art

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 23 18:21:41 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Cathy Thomas, a post-doc current at UCR working with Professor Hopkinson,
was wondering if there is interest to schedule a time to have a zoom
conversation about Afrofuturist art. Right now on our every two weeks
schedule we are booked through August 25, but I could set this up for
September 8th if people would like.

I attach here a couple of documents shared by Cathy that will give you some
context.

thanks everyone,
Sherryl

Sherryl Vint
Professor
Director, Speculative Fiction and Cultures of Science
Editor, *Science Fiction Studies*
Editor, *Science and Popular Culture* book series
<https://www.palgrave.com/in/series/15760>