[Sfts-faculty] Save the date: Octavia E. Butler conference, May 23-24

andré carrington andre.carrington at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 13 20:24:46 PST 2024

Greetings, everyone,

Before the public announcement, I'd like to share with you that this
conference on speculative fiction author Octavia E. Butler will be taking
place at the Huntington Library in Pasadena, California, in May. Sherryl
Vint and I initiated the planning, and panels will be moderated by several
UCR faculty.

Further details are forthcoming, stay tuned!

[image: savedate.png]

--
andré m. carrington

Associate Professor of English
University of California, Riverside
Director, Designated Emphasis in Speculative Fictions & Cultures of Science
<https://sfts.ucr.edu/directors-report>
--
Speculative Blackness: The Future of Race in Science Fiction
<https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/speculative-blackness>