[Sfts-faculty] relevant courses next year

Eric Schwitzgebel eschwitz at ucr.edu
Thu Jun 29 14:20:47 PDT 2023

SFCS students might be interested in Philosophy of Mind, PHIL 134, in Fall
of 2023.  Most of the course treats the "mind-body problem" -- how
consciousness can arise from physical stuff or whether something
non-physical is needed.  Near the end of the course, SF themes come in,
including robot consciousness, alien life, and teleportation.

Best wishes,

Eric

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 11:34 AM Sherryl Vint <sherrylv at ucr.edu> wrote:

> Dear faculty,
>
> I'm going to update the SFCS website with the courses that will be offered
> next year that are eligible for the DE. Could you let me know if you are
> teaching anything in scope next year and, if so, provide the Course Name,
> Number, and Title.
>
> thank you,
> Sherryl
> Sherryl Vint (she/her)
> Professor and Chair, Department of English
>
> *"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our **responsibility
> to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, **and air:
> the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of **their
> ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this **meeting
> place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, **including
> UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the **opportunity
> to live and work on these homelands."*

Eric Schwitzgebel (he/him)
Professor of Philosophy
University of California at Riverside