[Sfts-faculty] A query about human communiy

Yilun Fan yfan016 at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 28 01:21:20 PST 2021

Dear all,

I'm writing for suggestions about a specific theme in science fiction
studies. As is known to all, science fiction often depicts the human
species as a whole, or reflect upon its general development in the *longue
durée*. In the field of scifi studies, topics such as posthuman and
Anthropocene demonstrate scholars' concern with this characteristic. I'm
wondering, however, if we can use other terms in related discussions. For
example, "human community."

Are there any research articles or full-length books dealing with the
science-fictional imagination of the human community as a whole from then
to the present?

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best,

Yilun