[Sfts-faculty] Fwd: Today: Bocas Lit Fest panel - Caribbean science fiction authors (with free anthology download)

Nalo Hopkinson nalohop at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:37:24 PDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nalo Hopkinson <naloh at ucr.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:45
Subject: Today: Bocas Lit Fest panel - Caribbean science fiction authors
(with free anthology download)
To: Mfa Listserve edu <cwgrad-announcements at lists.ucr.edu>, Kathleen
DeAtley <kathleen.deatley at ucr.edu>, Nalo Hopkinson <nalohop at gmail.com>

NOTE: I'm pretty sure the time is in CST, not PST, because I'm signing on
much earlier than that.

https://www.bocaslitfest.com/2020/events/back-to-the-future/

Four of the Caribbean’s best speculative fiction writers discuss how the
genre helps us imagine alternatives for the future. Featuring Karen Lord,
Tobias S. Buckell, Nalo Hopkinson, and Malka Older. *In partnership with
the Caribbean Futures Institute*
And available for FREE download, as part of the Future Friday programme of
events at the 2020 NGC Bocas Lit Fest, is the specially published
e-book *Reclaim,
Restore, Return: Futurist Tales from the Caribbean
<https://www.bocaslitfest.com/2020/events/reclaim-restore-return/>,
*an anthology
of speculative fiction and poetry by seven Caribbean writers. Compiled and
edited by Karen Lord and Tobias S. Buckell, and published by the Caribbean
Futures Institute in partnership with the NGC Bocas Lit Fest, *Reclaim,
Restore, Return* imagines possible futures for the Caribbean that should
inspire us in the present.