[SFCC] FW: just in case...

Catherine Coker ccoker at library.tamu.edu
Mon Sep 17 06:23:30 PDT 2012

Hal Hall forwarded me this for our Reading Room staff, but I'm sending it to all of you guys as well, just in case there's someone with a shopping list who decides to make trip to the various SF libraries.
Rare Science Fiction Lit Missing From Philadelphia Area

The following books, among others, have been recorded as stolen in August 2012 from the Science Fiction and Fantasy Collection of the Temple University Libraries (Philadelphia, Pa.):

Asimov, Isaac.  Currents of Space. 1952.  First edition.
Asimov, Isaac.  Foundation.  1951.  First, with d.j.
Asimov, Isaac.  Foundation and Empire. 1952. First, with d.j.
Burroughs, Edgar Rice. Tarzan of the Apes. Chicago, McClurg, 1914. 1st.
Dick, Philip. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 1968. First, d.j.
Lovecraft, H. P. Beyond the Wall of Sleep. Arkham House, 1943. d.j.
Lovecraft, H. P. Notes and Commonplace Book... 1938.
Lovecraft, H. P. The Outsider and Others. Arkham House, 1939.
Lovecraft, H. P.  The Shunned House. Recluse Press, 1928.
Verne, Jules.   7 Hetzel editions:
Claudius Bombarnac ...  [1892?]
L'ile Mysterieuse ..  [1875?]
Mathias Sandorf.  1885.
Mirifiques Aventures de Maitre Antifer. [1894]
Robur-le-Conquerant..   [1886]
Le Tour du Monde en Quatre-vingts Jours. [1890?]
Une Ville Flottante .... 1872.
If you have any information on these volumes and selected other science fiction or fantasy titles which may have indications of Temple ownership please contact either Thomas M. Whitehead, Rare Books & Literary Manuscripts, at whitetm at temple.edu<mailto:whitetm at temple.edu>, or Margery Sly, Director of Special Collections, at msly at temple.edu<mailto:msly at temple.edu>.  215-204-8230 and 215-204-1455 respectively.