[Seminarcontacts] CMDB/GGB /MCBL Seminar: Dr. Nathan Schroeder- Wednesday October 6th, 2021

Mariella J Valdivia mariella.valdivia at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 4 11:30:50 PDT 2021

Reminder- All CMDB/GGB/MCBL Seminars for Fall 2021 will be held via Zoom.

CMDB/GGB/MCBL Seminar Program

Fall 2021

[cid:717a0931-0765-4ef1-8326-1817128e7a90]

Speaker: Dr. Nathan Schroeder

Associate Professor

Crop Sciences

|University of Illinois Urbana Champaign|

Seminar Title: "Endless worms most beautiful"

Abstract: Nematodes comprise one of the most abundant groups of animals on Earth. In addition to their role as important parasites of animals and plants, they have also served as models for studying fundamental biological questions. For example, Caenorhabditis elegans is an important model that contains a well-defined and invariant nervous system. This talk will focus on two stories illustrating the changeability of nematode nervous systems. I will describe our work studying the molecular basis stress-induced remodeling of dendritic arbors in C. elegans. I will also discuss an analysis of how the nematode nervous system evolved.

Wednesday, October 6th, 2021

 Time:  12:00 – 12:50 p.m.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/94383581111?pwd=MDdEMzBLQzNHM2xOMmdFaHNIR0F5Zz09

Meeting ID: 943 8358 1111
Passcode: 130476

UCR Faculty Host: Dr. Adler Dillman (adler.dillman at ucr.edu<mailto:hailing.jin at ucr.edu>)

Best Regards,
 Maggie
---
Margarita Verduzco Flores
Contracts and Grants Analyst
BMPN Administration
1447 Boyce Hall
Cell Phone: (559) 708-6101
<tel:%28951%29%20827-3598>
Fax: (951) 827-4294<tel:%28951%29827-4294>
Website: https://bmpn.ucr.edu<https://bmpn.ucr.edu/>
Virtually Stop by my Zoom Office: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/3428969862

[cid:3f4e062b-d7ea-4264-b9ce-9aa6ac3b6b0c]

During the campus closure you may reach me during the following times:

Monday – Friday

8:00am-5:00pm, closed 12:00-1:00pm