<div dir="ltr">Hello colleagues<div>I wanted to share this info with you in case you have an interest in the topic of agrivoltaics. My friend Rose works in the area. Info about her, agrivoltaics, and a related conference is below.</div><div>Best,</div><div>Tanya<br><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Rose Olivas</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:olivasrosec@gmail.com">olivasrosec@gmail.com</a>></span><br>Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 9:34 AM<br>Subject: Agrivoltaics info<br>To: Tanya Nieri <<a href="mailto:tanyan@ucr.edu">tanyan@ucr.edu</a>><br></div><br><br><div dir="ltr"><div>Hey, </div><div><br></div><div>Here is some information to pass along:</div><div><br></div><div>Agrivoltaics is a dual-land-use system of both agriculture and solar energy production at the same time on the same land. It was conceptualized in 1981 and is now found globally. California needs to catch up. </div><div>Crops, bushes, trees, and grazing animals have been studied and are also under commercial agrivoltaics operations globally. </div><div><br></div><div>The conference is on October 20. It is a one-day free conference (<a href="https://www.pitzer.edu/southern-california-agrivoltaics-conference#register" target="_blank">https://www.pitzer.edu/southern-california-agrivoltaics-conference#register</a>).</div><div>I currently work at The Robert Redford Conservancy at Pitzer College as the Co-Principal Investigator (until January 2027)</div><div><br></div><div>Let me know if there is any information I missed. </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><font size="4" face="times new roman, serif"><i>Rose Ceseña Olivas</i></font><div><br></div></div></div></div></div>
</div></div></div>