[Sa-staff] Staff Assembly Upcoming Events

Loretta Vandivier loretta.vandivier at ucr.edu
Fri Sep 4 08:37:11 PDT 2020

[cid:image003.png at 01D68296.9097C8A0]

UPCOMING EVENTS

Last Call to Sign Up for the UCR Staff Assembly Virtual 5K!

For just $25, you'll receive a blue dry-fit performance shirt, Scotty Bear face covering and the COOLEST Scotty Bear 5K medal featuring the '50s original Scotty logo. Shipments will go out in the next 3-4 weeks. All proceeds will support UCR Staff Assembly and our #UCR staff.

Don't wait: Sign up at virtual5k.ucr.edu<https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/virtual-5k> before it's too late!

________________________________
Book Club : How to be an Antiracist
Join Staff Assembly's weekly Book Club as we journey through How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi. Explore racial justice in America and rethinking our beliefs surrounding race.

Come discuss these topics every Monday at noon or Thursday at noon. Attendees must purchase the book on their own but those within the core campus have access to the e-book via the campus library website<https://library.ucr.edu/>. You can purchase through Amazon<https://www.amazon.com/dp/0525509283/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_2WquFb383ZWBW>.
Questions and sign-up: Contact Staff Assembly Director of Outreach, Katherine Van Horn<http://katherine.vanhorn@ucr.edu>.
Sign up for Book Club<mailto:katherine.vanhorn at ucr.edu?subject=How%20to%20be%20an%20Antiracist%20Book%20Club>
________________________________
CUCSA Virtual Town Hall
September 4 | 9:30 am
Virtual Meeting

The forum will be used to answer questions about CUCSA, garner feedback/input about this year's workgroups, solicit questions for us to ask President Drake, and more!

The Town hall is open to all UC Staff!

Please email Staff Assembly Immediate Past President Crystal Petrini for Zoom meeting information.
Email Crystal Petrini >><mailto:crystal.petrini at ucr.edu?subject=CUCSA%20Town%20Hall%20Zoom%20Information>
________________________________
Lunchtime Trivia
September 9 | Noon
Virtual Meeting

Join Staff Assembly President Dennis McIver as he offers Kahoot trivia to enjoy between bites at lunch! Assorted prizes will be offered for winners.
Hope to see you there!
Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98194379115?pwd=Y05VRWlzS3c0UWwvNmNnNk5qcGFzQT09
Meeting ID: 981 9437 9115
Passcode: 370284
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,98194379115# US (San Jose) 13462487799,,98194379115# US
+(Houston)
Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

________________________________

Lunch & Learn: Strategies for pursuing professional advancement at UCR
September 16 | 12 - 1pm
Virtual Meeting

For many of us at UCR, we must navigate our own professional advancement. Join professional speaker and University Honors Administrative Director Aaron Bushong, as he shares his experiences and observations over a 22-year career at UCR.

This workshop will emphasize the importance of positional expertise, soft skills, involvement and networking, and differentiating oneself in positive ways when pursuing professional advancement on campus.

If you would like on-demand professional branding and career development content, take advantage of Human Resources curated content, here<https://www.linkedin.com/learning-login/share?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Flearning%2Fcollections%2Fenterprise%2F1~AAAAAAGOzVo%3D680409&account=26135898&forceAccount=true>.

Zoom Link >><https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMkcO2srDwtHdHPMb1cX94DpVl_97wfeVZ1>

________________________________

Pictionary with "celebrity drawer" Chancellor Kim A. Wilcox
September 23 | Noon
Virtual Meeting

Staff Assembly Vice President Jeff Girod will be joined by "celebrity drawer" Chancellor Wilcox for an hour of fun, prizes and crudely drawn random objects. Contestants will win up to $100 in prizes. You don't want to miss this!

Zoom info >><https://ucr.zoom.us/j/9853753889%20>

________________________________

Double Session of Virtual / Live Bingo with UCPATH and UCDC!
September 25
1st session | 4 - 5:30 pm
30 min Intermission
2nd Session | 6 -7:30 pm
UCR Staff Assembly's Director of Finance Penni Ebina will be joined by UCPATH and UCDC for a special double session of bingo! Join us for a socially distant game at The Barn or play virtually. You are invited to play during one or both sessions. Sign up by Wednesday, September 23rd. Come ready to win!

Register Now >><https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aeKtPqzy2F4Kqi1>

________________________________

Recognize your Peers with a Get Recognized Award!

The Staff Assembly Recognition Committee is pleased to announce the return of Get Recognized for the 2020-21 year. We will accept nominations for monthly winners starting today!

In the spirit of openly celebrating our amazing staff, we are excited to transition to a campus level recognition ceremony each month along with an expansion of Get Recognized.

Learn More >><https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/get-recognized>

Join Society '54!

For as little as $4.50 per month, you can join Society '54 and receive a decorative pin and VIP access to upcoming Staff Assembly virtual events.

More importantly, when you support Staff Assembly you are supporting the UCR Staff experience. Every dollar you give helps UCR staff.

Learn More>><https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/giving>

Follow us on social media!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ucrsa/,

Instagram: @ucrstaffassembly<https://www.instagram.com/ucrstaffassembly/>