[sa-society54] Calling all citrus fans!

Jules L Bernstein jules.bernstein at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 11 14:04:46 PST 2022

Dear Fellow UCR Staffer,

You now have the opportunity to tour our 113-year-old, world-renown Givaudan Citrus Variety Collection! It features more than 1,000 different varieties of citrus and citrus relatives – every kind of lime, lemon, citron, orange, pummelo, grapefruit and kumquat you can think of, and many you’ve likely never seen or heard of.

As the LA Times wrote<https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-02-18/citrus-collection-uc-riverside-givaudan> about it, “When the trees blossom, or hang heavy with fruit of almost every conceivable shape and color — orange and yellow and purple; as small as a pinky nail or as large and gnarled as Grandpa’s hand — a stroll through the collection’s immaculately manicured orchards is downright heavenly.”

Curator Tracy Kahn is offering this tour exclusively to our Society 54 members!

When: April 5, noon

Who: The first 20 people to sign up

How: Please email your interest in taking the tour to Jules.Bernstein at ucr.edu<mailto:Jules.Bernstein at ucr.edu>. Details upon receipt of email.

Where: UC Riverside’s Givaudan Citrus Variety Collection. Enter the gate on the right side of Canyon Crest (400 yards from the Canyon Crest and Martin Luther King intersection and across from St Andrew Orthodox Christian church).

See you there!

Jules Bernstein | Senior Public Information Officer
Co-director of Fundraising, UCR Staff Assembly
University of California, Riverside
951-827-4580| jules.bernstein at ucr.edu<mailto:jules.bernstein at ucr.edu>
news.ucr.edu<http://news.ucr.edu/>