[RPA-PostDoc] Free Registration for the 2024 National Science Policy Symposium @ UC, Riverside April 12-14! ACT NOW!

Caroline Hung chung041 at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 13 13:50:20 PDT 2024

Dear UCR colleague,
I would like to share this exciting symposium I have helped organize with
some amazing colleagues at UCR S2P and SPP. The programming includes many
UCR-affiliates. Register now for free. See details below! Please share with
your networks and let me know if you have any questions.
Warmly,
Caroline Hung

* * * * * * *

Join Us at the National Science Policy Symposium 2024
<https://www.scipolsymposium.org/>!
[image: Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 12.58.14 PM.png]
<https://youtu.be/7BLqzt12QVY?si=u3kuW4Tl-rVuoNMp>

🌟 Elevate Your Science Policy Impact! 🌟

Integrating science into our nation's legislation is crucial, but in
today's political landscape, achieving this synergy appears challenging.
Our symposium, hosted by the UCR School of Public Policy
<https://spp.ucr.edu/>, Science to Policy Program
<https://sciencetopolicy.ucr.edu/>, and the National Science Policy Network
<https://www.scipolnetwork.org/>, aims to foster conversations on ways to
bridge this gap while exploring some of the most timely topics, such as
critical issues at the nexus of water, air, natural resources, AI
technology, healthcare and the renewable energy transition. This symposium
empowers individuals in ALL disciplines from STEM, to Humanities, to the
Arts, who are passionate about creating positive impacts in our
communities. Whether you aim for government positions, private/industrial
entities, or academia,

join informed discussions shaping the future of nationwide science policy!

What to Expect: (Click for Full symposium schedule
<https://www.scipolsymposium.org/schedule>)

   -

   Networking Opportunities
   -

   Workshops and Panels
   -

   Meet Recruiters at the Career Fair (ft. S&P 500 companies and prominent
   research institutions)
   -

   Field Trips
   -

   Meals, cocktail reception, and happy hour

Location: University of California, Riverside- Highlander Union Building

Date: April 12-14, 2024

Free Registration: Act NOW to attend the symposium free of charge. Limited
free spots available. Intake will be first-come-first served until funds
are spent. Only accepted registrants from these links below will be
considered for free admission.

   1.

   For UCR-affiliated individuals with UCR email address:
   https://shorturl.at/iABPZ
   2.

   For students in California: https://shorturl.at/uERS7
   1.

      Submit receipts to UCR School of Public Policy travel portal Concur
      post-symposium to get travel and lodging costs reimbursed
      2.

      Must participate in a speaking activity to attend free-of-cost
      3.

      Further details in above intake link

Travel Logistics (parking, transport, discounted room blocks):
https://www.scipolsymposium.org/travel

We would appreciate it if you could help us spread the word by forwarding
this email to your network!

–UCR S2P & NSPN

[image: 2.png][image: 1.png][image: ScienceSymposium.png]

--
Caroline Hung, PhD Candidate

Lyons Biogeochemistry Lab
UC-Riverside- Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences