[RPA-PostDoc] Thursday Nov 2: Research ethics introduction and more

UCR PostdocAssoc postdoc at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 30 16:06:10 PDT 2023

Hello everyone!
This is a reminder of the activities scheduled in the next few weeks!

We encourage you to attend an introduction to the research ethics program
this Thursday, Nov. 2, at 3:00 pm at the HUB room 379.

This intro will provide information on the resources and support that UCR
offers regarding research ethics, and it will be hosted by the Director of
the Research Ethics Program, Dr. Dena Plemmons.

Coffee and pastries will be offered :)

[image: Be the Sunshine Motivational Quote Flyer.png]

Let us know if you have any questions!

Activity Day Time Location Registration

*Introduction to research ethics *workshop hosted by Dena Plemmons, the
Director of the Research Ethics Program here at UCR.
 Thursday, November 2
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NWxvMTdrNXQ1N2w2MDUydHJpYnBlMGVsY20gcG9zdGRvY0B1Y3IuZWR1&tmsrc=postdoc%40ucr.edu>
3:00-4:00
PM HUB 379 no

*Mental health in academia workshop for postdocs*

Led by Dr. Evelyn Vázquez, this workshop will cover topics like the
prevalence of mental health conditions and protective factors in
academic environments.
Here is the link to her bio
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FrPZMMNaZQxy4XT9-a1eIcvyljjMKcm/view?usp=sharing>
.

This will be a great opportunity to learn and reflect on (1) our current
lab's environment, and (2) the work environment we wish to offer in our
potential future as professors or principal investigators.
Thursday, November 9
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NmJoZWhjczljZzc5dTdtMTE4Zm84MjJhb3AgcG9zdGRvY0B1Y3IuZWR1&tmsrc=postdoc%40ucr.edu>
2:00-3:00
PM Student Success Center, Group Meeting room 1 yes, click here to register
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebGFMW5swdTqjm0n540zg0McaaViVEPmdt6obtcIw8QLZpAA/viewform?usp=sf_link>

*Stargazing night with Grad Division!*

Join us for yet another night of stargazing with the amazing team from the
Physics Department. There will be light refreshments and an art table for
children, so bring the whole family!

[image: Stargazing Night F23.png]
Monday, November 13
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MWgzYzFxZTh1Z2V0dDliZ2dqbWRiYTRjNWggcG9zdGRvY0B1Y3IuZWR1&tmsrc=postdoc%40ucr.edu>
6:00
PM Bell Tower  no
*AI workshops organized by UCR Library*

Come to learn the most important things about AI and tell us if you wish
that RPA coordinates an advanced workshop for postdocs!

There are two days and you have to register for each:

Link for part 1:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ai-for-the-rest-of-us-part-1-tickets-722889872067

Link for part 2:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ai-for-the-rest-of-us-part-2-tickets-723736353917
Tuesday and Thursday, November 14
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NG1iYmZvNjE1cTl0b25jYmVyNnVtYjM5bTcgcG9zdGRvY0B1Y3IuZWR1&tmsrc=postdoc%40ucr.edu>
 and 16
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=N2JocmJkdW5tdDZudTY2MGRxbTB1ZGRxcjUgcG9zdGRvY0B1Y3IuZWR1&tmsrc=postdoc%40ucr.edu>
12:00-1:30
PM Tomas Rivera Library Room 140 yes

*Health insurance open enrollment for postdocs workshop *

It is organized by Gallagher, your health insurance company, so it may
be important
if you want to switch programs and to learn more about your benefits.

Check out more information in the following files:
 UC OE Guide 2024_10052023[69].pdf
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A5B6YlG8RaDMbMrbA37Mh9YyxW0Bqo_z/view?usp=drive_web>

 UC PSBP OE Webinar Flyer 2023[38].pdf
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMtByQEaMDm4TYeH0mh8qJsd7MohDgUp/view?usp=drive_web>
Wdnesday, November 15 2:00 PM UOB (University Office Building) Room 145 no