[RPA-PostDoc] Share your experience and digital materials from the Fair UC Now campaign and strike!

Heeba Hartit heeba.hartit at email.ucr.edu
Mon Jul 17 18:46:20 PDT 2023

Calling all Postdocs!

Happy summer! We are Heeba Hartit and Daisy Herrera, PhD students in the
Comparative Literature and History departments at University of California,
Riverside and members of UAW 2865. This summer, we are working with the
UCLA Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) as part of the
UC UAW Labor Summer Initiative. Through this initiative, which is being led
by members of UAW 2865, we are developing a publicly-available research
archive documenting the Fair UC Now campaign and strike that took place in
2022. Our goal is to create an educational resource that researchers,
organizers, and union members can use to learn about and develop strategies
for labor organizing in higher education. It's important to us that our
archive represents the experiences of UAW 5810 members as your
participation in our strike made our contract campaign even stronger!

As part of developing this archive, we are *conducting oral history
interviews with people who participated in or supported the Fair UC Now
campaign and strike. *Regardless of what your participation in or support
of the strike looked like, I would love to talk to you about your
 experience! *We are also **seeking digital materials such as
posters/flyers/memes and videos/photos of your support leading up to the
strike and/or of your presence at the picket line. We can also talk about
collecting 3D objects!*

*If you believe you have materials you would like to donate, please email
us at hhart005 at ucr.edu <hhart005 at ucr.edu> and dherr004 at ucr.edu
<dherr004 at ucr.edu> *by *07/31/2023.* One of us will then reach out to speak
about what we can accept and go over the consent form. *If you are
interested in talking with us, please email me at h
<dherr004 at ucr.edu>hart005 at ucr.edu <hart005 at ucr.edu> by 07/31/2023**.* I
will then reach out to schedule a pre-interview, where we can review the
consent form and interview questions together, and choose a time for the
full oral history interview. The entire process (pre-interview and oral
history interview) will take around 3 hours. You will be able to decide
whether you want your name attached to your oral history in the public
archive, or whether you’d prefer that your oral history be kept anonymous.
I am attaching our tentative consent form so you can see what options you have,
and we can discuss the form more in detail if you accept to participate.

If you have any questions or want to know more about the UC UAW Labor
Summer Initiative, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We hope to hear
from you soon!

Best,

Heeba Hartit and Daisy Herrera
*_______________*

*Additional Information:*

This study has been approved by the University of California Los Angeles
Institutional Review Board (IRB). The Principal Investigator is Dr.
Caroline Luce (cluce at irle.ucla.edu) at the UCLA IRLE.

To determine that you are eligible for this research, we will confirm that
you either participated in or supported the Fair UC Now campaign and strike
in 2022.

If you receive this message and are not eligible for this study, please
disregard this message. If you email us and we determine you are not
eligible, we will not use your information for research purposes or save
any records of our communications.