[Research] Funding Opportunity - Please Circulate: 2022 Request for proposals for UC-National Lab Collaborations

Charles -Jr E Greer charles.greer at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 31 13:15:39 PDT 2021

Please circulate this announcement and attached RFPs widely to UC faculty and graduate students interested in collaborative research and training opportunities with the Lawrence Livermore and Los Alamos National Laboratories:

Dear Colleagues,

UC Research Initiatives is pleased to announce the release of the 2022 Requests for Proposals for the UC National Laboratory Fees Research Program. This year's competition offers two distinct funding opportunities:
1)     The UC Multicampus-National Laboratory Collaborative Research and Training (CRT) award<https://www.ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/files/labfee_crt_rfp.pdf>; and
2)     The UC-National Laboratory In-Residence Graduate Fellowship<https://www.ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/files/labfee_fellowship_rfp.pdf>

The Requests for Proposals (RFP) for each opportunity are attached. In addition to the program guidelines and eligibility, each RFP includes the following attachments:
*       UC Laboratory Fees Research Program and National Laboratory contact information;
*       Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs); and
*       Instructions for submitting the required Letter of Intent.

CRT Workshops<https://www.ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/workshops.html>: This competition cycle, CRT awards are available for projects targeting research in three thematic areas: Clean, Renewable Energy and Decarbonization; Frontiers of Mesoscale Materials and High Energy Density Science; and Pandemic Preparedness and Biosecurity. To support development of proposal ideas and collaborative teams, UC campuses are organizing one workshop for each thematic topic. Please visit our workshop webpage<https://www.ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/workshops.html> for event information and locations.

CRT Applicant Webinar:
There will be one applicant webinar on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 10:30-11:30am Pacific Time (Register here<https://ucop.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEqcuqrrz0sE9dtgEy9I0OXzNw84sS6w1HH>). Attendance is highly recommended.

Fellowship Applicant Webinars: We have scheduled two webinars for the fellowship program featuring current fellows and national laboratory liaisons to provide first-hand information about the fellowship, training opportunities at the national labs, and how the In-Residence Fellowship fits into a UC doctoral program. Attendance is highly recommended. Dates and registration links are available on our "How to Apply<https://www.ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/application-information.html>" webpage.

Please review each RFP carefully, visit our website<http://ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/index.html> for additional information on how to apply<https://www.ucop.edu/research-initiatives/programs/lab-fees/application-information.html>, applicant webinar registration, or other program announcements:

For questions on program scope and priorities, please contact: UCRI at ucop.edu<mailto:UCRI at ucop.edu>
Administrative questions regarding the application process may be directed to: RGPOGrants at ucop.edu<mailto:RGPOGrants at ucop.edu>