[pps-news] PPS Entry/Update problems for Thursday (6/22/06)

Gabe Nwandu Gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Thu Jun 22 11:54:56 PDT 2006

June 22, 2006

To:        All Departments

Fr:        Payroll Office

Re:       PPS Entry/Update problems for Thursday (6/22/06)

On the evening of June 21, 2006, our UCOP programmers updated PPS with
the one-percent Across-The-Board (ATB) increases for the Service unit.
This salary increase is effective 7/1/2006 and a payout date of 8/1/06.
We have been contacted by several departments that this update did not
go well.  Basically, the begin dates of the existing distribution
line(s) were over-written in error.  Generally, when range adjustments
are applied on the database, the end dates of the existing distribution
line(s) are ended and new distribution line(s) are created.  The
programmers made an error and ran the update with the incorrect setting.
The result is that new distribution lines were not created.

SOLUTION:

PPS entry/update was temporarily disabled this morning so this error
could be corrected.  PPS database has been restored back to last night
and any entry/updates that were performed on Thursday, 6/22/06 from 7am
till 11am have been lost.  Please re-process any PPS updates you may
have performed from 7am to 11am on 6/22/06.  These are entries initiated
from any 'EEDB' function screens.  This problem did not affect Online
Payroll Time Reporting System (OPTRS) entries - Time Roster, Payroll
Transfers, or Late/Reduce Pay.  Please make sure the entry is not
already on the database before you re-process.

The one-percent Across-The-Board (ATB) increases for the Service unit
update will be re-processed again tonight (6/22/06).

We apologize for the inconvenience this error may have caused you.
Please contact the Payroll office at x2-3307 if you have any questions.

Thank you

Gabe