[pps-news] Limited Services for Non-Immigrant Researchers and Visiting Professors

Gabe Nwandu gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 29 10:55:49 PST 2005

November 29, 2005

From: Horst Hoffmann, Non-Immigrant Visa Scholar Advisor

Limited Services for Non-Immigrant Researchers and Visiting Professors

>From December 13, 2005 until January 12, 2006, I will be out of the country.
During that period I cannot be reached by e-mail on a regular basis.

>From December 13, 2005 to January 12, 2006 no applications for new or
extension H-1B applications will be processed.  To inquire about the status
of pending H-1B applications --applications which have been sent to
immigration services (USCIS)--, please contact Kimberly DeVoy at 2-4113 or
kimberjd at ucr.edu.

Kelly Hinosawa will process requests for new J-1 visa applications.  Please
contact Kelly regarding the status of pending J-1 requests and for amended
DS-2019 forms.  She can be reached at 2-4113 or kelly.hinosawa at ucr.edu.

Any general questions regarding non-immigrant researchers or visiting
professors should be addressed to Kelly as well.

If you have any questions about urgent matters please contact Horst Hoffmann
before December 13th.  I will try to address emergency situations.

Have a happy holiday season!

Horst

====================================
Horst Hoffmann, Associate Director
International Scholar & Student Programs
International Services Center
Surge Building, Room 319
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521-0307
Phone: (951) 827-4113
FAX: (951) 827-3778
http://www.internationalcenter.ucr.edu/

Confidentiality Note: The preceding e-mail message (including any
attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by
applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information.  It is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you are not
an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.