[Physics-talks] Cell Radio - p38 MAPK Pathway Regulation By Resonance Selectivity (PhD Defense)

Arianna Mondragon arianna.mondragon at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 5 10:26:19 PST 2023

Good morning,

We invite you to attend this upcoming defense.
It will be on December 7th at 2pm in the reading room.

Title:

Cell Radio - p38 MAPK Pathway Regulation By Resonance Selectivity

Abstract:

The mechanisms that underlie p38 MAPK stress signaling are presently unknown. We discover multiple periodicities in the activation state of p38 in response to stress, with unique stress factors inducing unique frequency responses. Evidence is presented that argues for kinase-substrate dynamics acting by the process of resonance selectivity. We therefore create a model that accounts for the transduction of extracellular stress signals from the membrane down to the genome.

Zoom link for hybrid:

https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98161058717

Thank you,

Arianna Mondragon

Travel & Events Coordinator

UC Riverside | Physics & Astronomy

3047 Physics Building | Riverside, California 92521

In-person office hours:  Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM

[cid:1ceeab17-d68f-42a1-b04c-80e052bfcb18]