[Physics-grads-open] POWUR Year Start and Planing Event

Garett Lopez garett.lopez at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 11 12:22:48 PDT 2023

Hello all,

We are kick starting this year with our Annual Fall Social on *Friday, 13th
October at 5:00 pm in the Physics Reading Room (PHYS 3035)*. Come welcome
the new first years and celebrate the new second years who have
successfully survived the comps! Learn about the activities POWUR has
planned for the year and get involved! There will be food, games and prizes!

About POWUR: The UC Riverside Physics Organization for Womxn and the
Under-Represented (POWUR) was founded in April 2018. Our goal as an
organization is to build a community that is welcoming and supportive to
all students. We promote a culture of self-advocacy in our place of
study/work and emphasize taking equity-minded action to improve the
conditions for under-represented students at all levels. We organize social
events, group outings, seminars, conversations with speakers, and
participate in community outreach. We also work closely with faculty
mentors and allies to enact tangible change in our department.

Join our highlander link here
<https://highlanderlink.ucr.edu/organization/powur> to be up to date on our
recent activities.

We hope to see you all there!