[Physics-grads-open] UCR PAPER Accountability Groups

Archana Aravindan archana.aravindan at email.ucr.edu
Mon Jul 3 11:44:55 PDT 2023

Hello all!

We hope you are having a good summer! As fellow grad students, we
understand the challenges we face and the importance of support on our
academic journeys. To help with this, we, the UCR Physics and Astronomy
Peer Mentorship group (PAPER), hope to conduct accountability groups over
the summer.

An accountability group is a small community of like-minded individuals who
come together to support and motivate each other in achieving their goals.
By joining an accountability group, you'll experience the following
benefits:

   -

   *Focus and Discipline: *The group provides a structured environment
   where you set goals, discuss progress, and reflect on challenges. This
   accountability helps you stay focused, overcome distractions, and maintain
   discipline.
   -

   *Motivation and Encouragement:* Being part of a supportive group creates
   a powerful sense of motivation. Your fellow group members become invested
   in your success and encourage you to act toward your goals consistently.
   -

   *Collaboration and Resource Sharing:* Accountability groups foster
   collaboration and resource sharing. You can tap into your group members'
   collective knowledge and experiences, find support, brainstorm ideas, and
   access valuable resources.
   -

   *Personal Growth:* Engaging with a diverse group of grad students
   broadens your perspectives and contributes to personal growth. Through
   discussions and shared experiences, you gain insights beyond your immediate
   field of study, fostering holistic development.

If you're interested in being part of an accountability group, please fill
out this form <https://forms.gle/3LgwAzNT2gFYh7m7A> by *Friday (07/07)*.
Based on the responses, we'll reach out to you to set up the group's
structure and meeting frequency and discuss any specific goals. We hope
this initiative will create a supportive community that empowers everyone
to excel.

If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to
reach out.
On behalf of UCR PAPER,
Archana
--