[Physics-grads-open] Union Membership Meeting 5pm October 6th

Ming-Feng Ho mingfeng.ho at email.ucr.edu
Mon Oct 3 09:12:00 PDT 2022

Hello Physicists,

I would cordially like to invite you to a mass membership union meeting
<https://forms.gle/7PM6RPtJJ4S92i3n8> on Thursday October 6th, 5pm, in
front of the Art Building. This is a rare moment in which we will come
together as a campus-wide community of academic workers united in our
experiences. I see this as an opportunity to hear directly from our
representative teams and to energize us for the exertions ahead.

Are you aware of our bargaining demands? All UC academic workers— academic
student employees, student researchers, postdocs, and academic
researchers—have been negotiating for many months. Still, the UC is not
making significant movement at the table or offering anything close to the
living wages we deserve. The current demand is $4,500/month for graduate
workers and $70,000/year for postdocs.

It’s time for all of us on our campus to come together and make an
important decision about this contract campaign. Are we going to need to go
on strike to win what we need?

Can you make it to the October 6th meeting? Take a moment to RSVP!
<https://forms.gle/7PM6RPtJJ4S92i3n8> Showing up means improving our
chances of winning a living wage.

Sincerely,

Ming-Feng