[Physics-grads-open] Physics & Astronomy Student Seminar (PASS), June 22nd (Wed) at 4 pm, Phys 3027

Ming-Feng Ho mingfeng.ho at email.ucr.edu
Fri Jun 17 09:00:00 PDT 2022

Hi all,

We will have our first PASS seminar talk in the Summer *next week*!

We will first have Pak Kau talk about condensed matter theory *on June 22*.
And then, we will have Mahdi Qezlou, Reza Monadi, and Liz Finney give talks
in the subsequent weeks.

Please check our program here: [Program
<https://jibancat.github.io/ucr-student-seminars/program/index.html>]

*Title: Phase transition, and universality, and the approach of RG flow at
critical point*

Pak Kau Lim (University of California, Riverside)

*Abstract:* I'd like to review a series of background materials. These are
broader topics that are either related to my research or materials that I
found interesting but have yet to encounter.

I will first focus on phase transition, universality, and the approach of
RG flow at critical point. The topic will be divided into two talks. The
first part of the talk will be given on coming Wednesday.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 4 pm
Physics 3027 (Nebula Room)

To submit abstracts for Summer Quarter: [Abstract Submission
<https://jibancat.github.io/ucr-student-seminars/registration/index.html>].

Hope to see you there!
Ming-Feng Ho