[Physics-grads-open] Press conference for Inland Rising Fund to support UCR and UCM

Ming-Feng Ho mingfeng.ho at email.ucr.edu
Thu Jun 2 17:18:00 PDT 2022

Hi all,

As many of you have already known, our union has been fighting for
equitable funding at UCR through our anti-redlining campaign. UCR
historically has lower funding than other UCs, and many TAs have to teach a
larger class size than other campuses (especially for CHASS departments).

Our local Assemblymember, Jose Medina, is recently co-authoring a bill with
Asm. Sabrina Cervantes, called the *'Inland Rising Fund'* (AB-2046
<https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB2046>)
that will allot *$1.46 Billion one-time funds from the state budget in
2022-23 to UC Riverside and UC Merced*.

There will be a press conference held by Asm. Medina *this Friday (June
3rd) at 10:30 am at the University Village Theatre* (University Village,
1201 University Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507).

We have coworkers from both 2865 and SRU to speak at the conference to
address the issue of funding inequity. Please join us to support them and
make our union look strong.

If you could come, wear a union T-shirt (either 2865 or SRU) if you have
one.

Best,
Ming-Feng Ho
Physics and Astronomy, UCR