[Physics-grads-open] Today at 11 am, Bell Tower, Rally to Stop Redlining UCR

Ming-Feng Ho mingfeng.ho at email.ucr.edu
Wed Oct 13 08:00:00 PDT 2021

Hi grad student physicists and astronomers,

Join our union *TODAY at 11AM* by the Bell Tower to call for full funding
at UCR!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSew7SwyT3tx_j3BsugxxDMroWikjTdNUwM6cXuuVG__TzRhIg/viewform>

Last year, the UC Office of the President cut our campus budget by 8.12% -
the largest campus budget cut in the UC system by far. This comes on top of
the long-standing, systematic underfunding of our campus by the UC system,
as covered last year by the LA Times.

Every graduate student has experienced the effects in one way or another:
overcrowded classes; 70 or more undergrads for one TA; Lack of employment
for fifth-year grads; Run-down facilities; Understaffing.

Please come and bring your friends!

Solidarity,
Ming-Feng Ho
Physics and Astronomy, UCR