[Physics-grads-open] everyone is welcome at POWUR general meetings

Elizabeth Finney elizabeth.finney at email.ucr.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:40:01 PDT 2021

Hello everyone!

POWUR (Physics Organization for Womxn and the Under-Represented) would like
to invite you all to our general meetings, Fridays from 2:30 to 3:30. Our
meetings are hybrid this quarter, so join us in Physics 3027 or on zoom
(link below):

*Join Zoom Meeting:*
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/99792836948?pwd=bUhZbUpJRVVoMXpCbTYwZUc3YlV5dz09

Meeting ID: 997 9283 6948
Passcode: 644302

A little about our group:

Our goal as an organization is to build a community that is welcoming and
supportive to all students! We promote a culture of self-advocacy in our
place of study/work, and emphasize taking equity-minded action to improve
the conditions for under-represented students at all levels.

POWUR organizes social events, group outings, seminars, conversations with
speakers, and participates in community outreach. You can join our email
list and our slack for regular updates on meetings and events:

*Mailing list form:*

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdW8DiQ1HA4rPWbcwTAQ5j0QNv2O2Q8MHszJ_tHxGkwh73Mmw/viewform

*Slack link:*

https://join.slack.com/t/ucr-powur/shared_invite/zt-c837tppg-~EInWu6G2ycd2hGzlTHCgQ

Anyone interested in contributing to an inclusive environment is welcome!
We hope to see you tomorrow.

~Liz, POWUR prez

~~~~~~
Liz Finney | she/her