[Physics-grads-open] Osterbrock Sierra Conference 2021

Mahdi Qezlou mahdi.qezlou at email.ucr.edu
Mon Jul 19 16:00:33 PDT 2021

Hello Dear Graduate students,

It is a kind reminder to register <https://forms.gle/Wccqw9b2abUYsQUY6> for
the *Osterbrock Sierra Conference 2021* conference *ASAP* if you want to
attend. The deadline is on *July 31th.* So far, we have 8 graduate students
signed up from our campus!  We hope more of you will join us for this great
experience.  We plan to coordinate the travel arrangements very soon.

The expenses will be little to nothing thanks to George for the generous
offer to cover part of the expenses.

We highly encourage incoming graduate students to participate if they can.
It is so much fun and you'll learn a lot about our awesome Astro community
at UC.

Also, please submit your abstracts through the link provided to you via a
welcome email after the registration is submitted. It is meant to be casual
and helpful for other students to learn about your research and other fun
activities you like to do. If you just started to do research and don't
have any particular plot or results, do not worry! You can just put a
summary on the things you're interested in.

For more info please check this website
<https://f-ardila.github.io/sierra-conference/> or the flyer attached! If
you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of us.

Hope to see many of you there,
Mahdi Qezlou
Ming-Feng Ho
Bryan Scott