[Physics-grads-announce] Physics Roof Repair Project: 9/25 - 12/26/2023

Robert N Sanderson robert.sanderson at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 19 11:36:28 PDT 2023

Dear Physics Graduate Students:

I am happy to announce that the roof-replacement project for the physics building will commence next week, possibly as soon as Monday 9/25. The project is scheduled to finish at the end of December.

PD&C has contracted Best Contracting Services to complete the work. They will be using a large section of the Physics Loading Dock as a laydown area for supplies. Several damaged sections of roofing material will be demolished and replaced. In the order they will be replaced, this includes the roofs above the faculty offices, the 2100 wing, and above the exterior walkway.

During the Fall quarter, it is expected that there will be periods with elevated noise levels. I thank you in advance for your patience as we get through this much-needed repair work. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Robert Sanderson, PhD
Building Manager
Lab Tech Manager
Physics & Astronomy Department
900 University Ave, Physics Bldg, RM 2004
Riverside, CA 92521
Zoom Personal Link:  https://ucr.zoom.us/my/robertsanderson
Meeting Request: https://app.reclaim.ai/m/sanderson/meeting
Office: (951) 827-5637