[Physics-grads-announce] Rodents in Physics Graduate Offices

Robert N Sanderson robert.sanderson at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 12 16:11:53 PDT 2023

Attn. Graduate Students in the Physics Building:

Over the past week, there have been three separate rodent incidents in the first-year graduate offices. This includes a live mouse reported today. Upon inspecting the room, I found a good amount of food and food wrappers unattended. I would like to remind you that you should not leave any food unattended in the physics building, even if it is enclosed in a drawer or a sealed container. Rodents have a keen sense of smell, and will be drawn to your food, even if they can't reach it. This is especially important to keep in mind as the weather remains warm and rodents will be seeking shelter from the heat.

  *   Take food and food waste with you when you leave rooms.
  *   Do not leave snack wrappers in the trash cans.
  *   Do not fill a drawer with apples or other snacks (or a mouse will relieve itself on your desk)

Thank you,

Robert Sanderson, (this isn't what I imagined when I got my ) PhD
Building Manager
Lab Tech Manager
Physics & Astronomy Department
900 University Ave, Physics Bldg, RM 2004
Riverside, CA 92521
Zoom Personal Link:  https://ucr.zoom.us/my/robertsanderson
Office: (951) 827-5637
[https://brand.ucr.edu/sites/default/files/email-signature-download.png]