[Physics-grads-announce] Graduate Division Awards

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 12 07:52:01 PST 2023

Dear Students,

A few weeks back you received notification from graduate devision regarding fellowships and awards. There are a number of changes from years past. There are three awards:

Students should use the links below to submit their applications:
DYFA: https://grad.ucr.edu/register/DYFA_Award_App
DCFA:  https://grad.ucr.edu/register/DCFA_Award_App
HSI:  https://grad.ucr.edu/register/HSI_Award_App

Only one student per program can be nominated for the campus wide DYFA. We no longer get multiple DYPs and there are no GRMP awards.

Students who will be graduating in the Spring and summer of 2024 are eligible for the DCFA. Graduate division will be monitoring this closely. If you are awarded the fellowship and continue beyond summer of 2024 the department will be penalized and lose future allocations.  Only those who are in the final stages of their PhD, i.e. tying up lose ends, finishing up their thesis etc., should apply. These are also competitive awards with limited number of nominations per program.

The department deadline for applications is January 7th. Recommendation letters are limited to one page. We will contact those we plan to nominate for the campus awards to provide a longer letters before the Graduate Division deadline of January 16th. You are welcome to contact me or Dr. Beving to get more information and to check if you qualify for any of the awards.

Sincerely,
Vivek Aji
Professor & Graduate Advisor
Department of Physics & Astronomy