[Physics-grads-announce] Welcome back

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:57:14 PDT 2022

Dear Graduate Students,

As we begin the second full week of classes I hope all you are settling in and looking forward to a productive academic year. I will continue to have my office hour in person at 11 am on Thursdays and by appointment otherwise. You can stop by in MSE 338. A few reminders:

1) Please run a degree audit and make sure all your requirements are either complete or on track to be done in a timely manner. It is important to catch any missing courses/other requirements early so that you can graduate within normal time.

2) For those scheduling Oral Qualifying exams please make sure to get your committee approved by graduate division first. The form is available on R’Grad and needs to be submitted at least two weeks prior to the exam.

3) It is strongly recommended to complete all requirements for advancement to candidacy before the start of their fourth year.

Best,
Vivek Aji
Professor & Graduate Advisor
Department of Physics & Astronomy