[Physics-grads-announce] Graduate Mentoring Workshop on "International Student VISA/OPT", June 2nd @ 2 PM

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 1 19:11:53 PDT 2022

Dear Students,

As part of the graduate mentor workshop series, we are pleased to announce a workshop to be held on June 2nd (next Thursday) at 2pm. The topic of the workshop will be on "International Student VISA/OPT". Prof. Peng Wei will host the workshop. We are also very fortunate that the staff from UCR International Students’ Office will join our workshop virtually. They will present general information pertinent to international students and will open for Q&A later.

We plan to take a hybrid mode for the workshop. For those of you who prefer to join virtually, please use the following Zoom link. For those of you who prefer in-person mode, please feel free to join us in the Physics Reading Room. Prof. Peng Wei will be hosting the workshop in the Physics Reading Room.

June 2nd Workshop Zoom link:
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98991141511?pwd=aWxLdEVybkxaOWVNa204ei9VL3RHZz09 <https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98991141511?pwd=aWxLdEVybkxaOWVNa204ei9VL3RHZz09>
Meeting ID: 989 9114 1511
Passcode: 899656

We have also created a shared google doc file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n6RPbSIjEow6FfxVl65yXXE0KoDmueMg/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106223260864091854220&rtpof=true&sd=true <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n6RPbSIjEow6FfxVl65yXXE0KoDmueMg/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106223260864091854220&rtpof=true&sd=true>. The google doc is for you to suggest topics for the workshop. Please feel free to ask questions there, and our International Students’ Office staff will do their best to answer the questions.

We look forward to seeing you during the workshop either in-person or virtually!

Sincerely
Peng Wei