[Physics-grads-announce] Grad Mentoring Workshop - February 10 @ 2 PM, Reading Room

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 3 14:34:22 PST 2022

Dear Grad Students,

Please join us for the next Graduate Mentoring Workshop in our series next Thursday, February 10 at 2 PM in the Physics Reading Room.     Our topic this month is “Career Planning” and will be lead by Prof. George Becker.    In this workshop, we will look at career pathways in and outside of academia, discuss strategies and pitfalls for building a career, and review career resources that UCR has to offer.  Faculty will also share their career stories.

Cookies and coffee will be served 15 minutes before the meeting for those of you who feel comfortable removing your mask indoors.  Otherwise, you’re welcome to take cookies to go :)

Hope to see you all there!
Gaby

Graduate Mentoring Workshop Schedule
Thursdays at 2:00PM @ Physics Reading Room

February 10: Career Planning - George Becker
March 10: Cultivating a network of mentors and collaborators/Networking for introverts – John Ellison
April 14: Developing a writing process that works for you – Shan-Wen Tsai
May 12: How to develop an outreach program/write a diversity statement - Gaby Canalizo
Date TBD: International students VISA, OPT etc. - Peng Wei

Vivek Aji
Professor & Graduate Advisor
Department of Physics & Astronomy