[Physics-grads-announce] Graduate Mentoring Workshop Kick-off Meeting and Lunch this Thursday

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 15 09:12:04 PST 2021

Dear Students,

This is a friendly reminder that we will have our kick-off meeting for the mentoring workshop series this Thursday, November 18.   You are welcome to join us even if you didn’t RSVP (and thanks to those of you who did!).   Here are the times and locations:

11:15 AM - Noon:  Lunch at the Barkas Lounge and Patio
Noon - 12:45 PM:  Organizational meeting in the Reading Room.

The purpose of this meeting is for the Graduate Mentoring Committee to share our plans for the winter and spring workshops.  You will have an opportunity to vote for the specific topics that you would like to see in the workshop series and to provide your feedback regarding what you need and would like to get out of it.    This is also a chance to connect with some of your peers in an informal and (hopefully!) relaxed setting.

Looking forward to seeing you,
The Graduate Mentoring Committee
(Gaby Canalizo (chair), John Barton, George Becker, John Ellison, Shan-Wen Tsai, Peng Wei)
Vivek Aji