[Physics-grads-announce] Climate survey

Jory Yarmoff yarmoff at ucr.edu
Fri May 28 14:02:46 PDT 2021

Dear Physics & Astronomy graduate students,

The departmental graduate student climate survey is ready for your input, and can be accessed at https://forms.gle/bYFnPZm39u7WvZ5M8 <https://forms.gle/bYFnPZm39u7WvZ5M8>.  It was written by collaboration between the Graduate Diversity and Graduate Advisory committees after researching how similar surveys were conducted elsewhere.

Please be assured that the survey is completely anonymous.  This was verified by myself and the chair of the graduate student diversity committee, Prof. Siana, by taking the survey to see how it reports information to us.  So please be honest and forthright in completing the survey, and be assured that we don’t have the ability to identify particular respondents.

You will need to log in with your UCR R’Mail, but your e-mail address will not be included in the responses that we receive.  It is used by the system to verify that you are a UCR student and to insure that you only complete one survey.  However, you can return at any time to modify your responses before the survey period ends, meaning that it doesn’t need to be completed in one sitting.

We are hoping to get 100% participation, so please fill it out as soon as you can.  The survey will be open for one week - we intend to close it Friday, June 4th at midnight.

Thank you for participating in this survey.  We plan to share the results at a special town hall held over Zoom during the summer.

Jory A. Yarmoff, Professor and Graduate Advisor
Department of Physics & Astronomy
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA  92521  USA

Office: (951) 827-5336, Lab: (951) 827-3537, FAX: (951) 827-4529
e-mail:  yarmoff at ucr.edu <mailto: yarmoff at ucr.edu>, web site: http://physics.ucr.edu <http://physics.ucr.edu/>