[Physics-grads-announce] GRAD ADVISOR: Fall classes and TAships

Vivek Aji vivekj at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 28 09:36:32 PDT 2021

Dear Physics & Astronomy graduate students,

I hope your summer is going well. As we prepare for the next academic year the current plan is to have all Physics & Astronomy classes in person this Fall. Thus all TA assignments will also be in person. Please plan accordingly, i.e. make travel plans, obtain accommodations etc. The campus has put together policies and guidelines to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment that we all must adhere to. You can find more information at

https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/ <https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/>

Please visit this site regularly so you are aware of the latest protocols. Feel free to email me any questions you might have and I will try my best to either answer them or direct you to the right person/resource.

I do have a few requests:

1) When you send me an email please include “GRAD ADVISOR..” In the subject line. It will help me in keeping track even if lost in the many emails I get.

2) It is a good practice to review your degree audit periodically to make sure all your official records are correct. Check that you are in the right track (Physics vs Astronomy), all courses completed are recorded, if comp and oral are done they are checked off, and so on. If there are any mistakes please inform Derek and myself so we can correct it.

I am still figuring out my schedule for the rest of the summer and I will have grad advisor office hours once I am a bit more organized. Thanks for your patience while I continue to get more acquainted with my new role.

Sincerely,
Vivek Aji