[Orgvpdue] Drupal Update (Version 10) January 2024

Shanshan Liao shanshan.liao at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 12 10:17:29 PST 2024

UE ORG Drupal website editors and users,

Happy New Year!

The January Drupal update (Version 10) is scheduled to be deployed on  January 19, 2024 at 6pm and will continue January 20th at 6am. More information about the update can be found on ITS blog: https://websites.ucr.edu/blog/2024/01/08/january-2024-release.
TechAlert Posted: https://techalerts.ucr.edu/

Please refrain from working on your sites during this update window.

Changes included in this update are the following:

1. Upgrade to Drupal 10 and CK Editor 5

[image.png]

Drupal 9 is no longer supported and we need to stay current and protected from any security vulnerabilities therefore we are upgrading to Drupal 10.1.6.
Drupal 10 includes CK Editor 5, a new, upgraded version of the text editor (WYSIWYG) we are currently using to create content. Please note that CK Editor 5 is still undergoing development by module developers and some features from our current editor may still not be fully available or functional. That being said, we will be keeping the original text editors in the text format selection for all editors until CK5 is fully operational.
You will see two new editors available to you when you create content.
* CK5 Rich Text Editor
* CK5 Rich Text Editor with Source.
For more information regarding CK Editor 5 and how to use it, please read our documentation: https://websites.ucr.edu/training/ck5editor.
2. Upgraded EU Cookie Consent Module
After this update, all Drupal sites will have a new cookie consent banner in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
The banner will appear at the bottom-most part of your viewers' browsers that notifies them of cookies, and allows them to give consent or decline being tracked.

Please read this announcement for more information: https://insideucr.ucr.edu/announcements/2023/12/15/cookie-consent-drupal-websites

[image.png]

Best Regards,
Shanshan Liao
Applications Programmer
XCITE|Division of Undergraduate Education
University of California, Riverside
Skye Hall Room136, Riverside, CA 92521
(951)-827-7753 (Phone)