[Orgvpdue] First Gen UCOP Symposium

Mona C Nelson mona.nelson at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 9 08:41:27 PST 2024

Good morning UE! Please see the message below on behalf of Ebony Miles.

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! I wanted to share and invite you to join us virtually for the UC Wide Virtual First-Gen Symposium on Friday January 19th from 9am to 2pm. This is sponsored by UCOP. You can register here<https://ucsf.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsceyqpjsvH93DswcPUslN_7aKdo1mMFhl#/registration> and receive a zoom link. I hope you share with others and join us in the conversation of what first gen success looks like and how so many of us across the system are striving to achieve it.

Topics that will be covered include:

  1.  First-gen grad & professional students
  2.  First-gen transfer success (Our own UE/ARC Jahi Vaughns will be on the panel)
  3.  Financial wellness for first gen students (UCR FA office staff will be on the panel)
  4.  Community discussion (Facilitated by myself Ebony)

Flyer attached and an agenda will be email after you register. Have a great day!

Ebony Miles, MPA
Kessler Scholars Program<https://ue.ucr.edu/kessler> Coordinator
Division of Undergraduate Education<https://ue.ucr.edu/>
Student Services Building, 2nd Floor