[Orgvpdue] Great news!!! Welcoming a new colleague to UE

Louie F Rodriguez louie.rodriguez at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 9 13:03:15 PST 2024

Dear UE Colleagues,

I have some exciting news to share.  Effective February, 27, 2024, we will have a new member joining our team. Please join me in extending a warm welcome to Genesis Gonzalez, Storyteller and Manager, Marketing and Communications.

Genesis comes to the Division of Undergraduate Education with over 12 years of experience in strategic communications, brand management, public relations, and crisis communications.  Most recently, Genesis served as the Director of Communications for UCR’s Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs.  Genesis brings a wealth of experience and will contribute to UE’s vision of cultivating innovative opportunities for our undergraduate students.

I want to share my sincere thanks to the search committee including Bob Ream, Chair of the search committee, Nelly Cruz, Ebony Miles, Luis Bravo, Gladis Herrera-Berkowitz and our HR colleagues for their support including Stacy Ramos and Cortney Crooms. I also want to thank the wider UE community for participating in the candidate forums and submitting your feedback.

Genesis will report directly to me.  Genesis will spend the first several weeks meeting with the various subunits across UE and working closely with me to design a short and long term plan of action.  I have no doubt that Genesis will help elevate UE by creating opportunities to highlight the incredible work we are already doing and cultivate opportunities for UCR student success.

Best,
Louie

Louie F. Rodriguez
Vice Provost and Dean