[Orgvpdue] National Student Transfer Week - 10/16

Mona C Nelson mona.nelson at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 6 04:29:27 PDT 2023

Hello Transfer Champions,

National Transfer Student Week (NTSW) is approaching fast, October 16th-20th. NTSW is a nationwide celebration of transfer students and those who support them. The UC Transfer Success Coalition (UCTSC) aims to generate awareness by employing a UC-wide campaign to celebrate together. We need your help with this. Please share the following information with your staff and use the plan below to celebrate together:

General Details:

Please use the following details to plan or adapt your campus/program activities for NTSW

  1.  NTSW Canva Templates<https://www.canva.com/design/DAFuXV9Yvus/0XzP3rbQ_bcx3BKp99X0YQ/edit> with NISTS theme and UCTSC logo (add your dept logo and modify how you please).
  2.  Themes for each day:
     *   Day 1- Full Steam Ahead: Kickoff
     *   Day 2- Full Steam Ahead: Health & Wellness
     *   Day 3- Full Steam Ahead: Academic Wellness & Success
     *   Day 4- Full Steam Ahead: Asking for Help
     *   Day 5- Full Steam Ahead: Career Readiness
  3.  Hashtags
     *   NISTS: #TransferStudentWeek
     *   UCTSC: #UCTransferStudentWeek
     *   Campus Specific: #UCRTransferStudentWeek (example)
     *   Themed: #UCFullSteamAhead
     *   Individual: #ProudToBeAUCTransfer
  4.  Celebration ideas<https://www.nists.org/ntsw-celebration-ideas>: You will find a list of ways that you can celebrate, activities you can do, and things that have been done at other campuses in this doc.

Day Specific Plans:

Day 1- Monday, October 16th

  *   In-Person Kickoff Event - HUB 302N from 11am-1pm.
  *   Share a video montage on your social medias that can be found HERE<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BIOqvUQHvbzPhx2HXjKVovR-vEEdywCn?usp=drive_link> closer to Day 1

Please share with faculty, staff, and students, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Let's go NTSW!

[cid:image004.png at 01D9F797.05205E30]

Shellee & Wyatt- Co-Chairs of UCTSC

Dr. Shellee Stewart, MAED, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
CHASS FIRST First-Year Experience Programs -
College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
Phone: (951) 827-4323 ext. 24323 *Limited availability by phone, email is the best way to communicate.
Email: Shellee.Stewart at ucr.edu<mailto:Shellee.Stewart at ucr.edu>
Office at HMNSS 1614- Office Availability:
Monday- 8:30am-5:00pm (Dr. Stewart In-Office & Stella Remote)
Tuesday- 8:30am-5:00pm (Dr. Stewart & Stella In-Office)
Wednesday- 8:30am-5: 00pm (Dr. Stewart & Stella In-Office)
Thursday- 8:30am-5:00pm (Dr. Stewart Remote & Stella In-Office)
Friday- Office Closed/Staff Working Remote
Co-Chair of the UC Transfer Success Coalition
[cid:image005.png at 01D9F797.05205E30]
[1518717026906_Transfers]
[cid:image010.png at 01D9F797.05205E30]