[Orgvpdue] This Friday: great opportunity for UCR undergraduates

Ken Baerenklau ken.baerenklau at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 5 11:25:45 PDT 2022

Hi everyone

This is a great opportunity for our undergraduates -- albeit with short notice. The Department of Defense will be on campus this Friday, hosting a series of seminars and networking sessions where students can learn about myriad opportunities for scholarships, internships, and careers in an organization that has much more disciplinary diversity than you would guess, and wants to diversity its workforce as well. Here are the highlights:

  *   Information about student opportunities for employment, internships, and scholarships to students of minority institutions.
  *   Information on DoD's current & future opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, education, language, arts, and many other fields.
  *   A pathway to connect students and graduates directly to DoD Senior leaders, executives, and recruiters.
  *   Information for faculty and staff on research, fellowships, sabbaticals, contract, and grants.
  *   Two student recruitment sessions will take place during lunch at 1:10-2:10 and after the event at 5:30 - 6:30. This will provide students the opportunity to meet directly with 6 DOD recruiters to discuss employment and internship opportunities. We highly recommend that students bring their resumes!

More information is below. I would be grateful if you would share this with your networks and encourage students to register and attend.

Thanks!

Ken

[cid:image002.png at 01D8D8AD.341EB880]

Kenneth A. Baerenklau, Ph.D.
Associate Provost and Chief of Staff
Interim Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
Professor, School of Public Policy
(951) 827-1126
(951) 827-7942
Executive Assistant: Mona Nelson