[Orgvpdue] Update on UE academic division status

Ken Baerenklau ken.baerenklau at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 3 08:31:07 PDT 2022

UE Colleagues

Some news from Oakland - the systemwide Academic Senate has decided that they should have given our proposal for academic division status a more thorough review than it initially received. My reading of this news is that it is purely procedural and does not indicate any second thoughts about the merits of the proposal. However, it is also difficult to guess what the Academic Senate might say about the proposal after further review. We are essentially back to where we were following the Riverside divisional Senate vote in spring. So, for now, we are hitting pause on our efforts to put in place the structures and procedures that would allow us to function as an academic unit. I don't have any information on the timeframe for a response from the systemwide Senate but I will share information as I receive it.

Best,
Ken

Kenneth A. Baerenklau, Ph.D.
Associate Provost and Chief of Staff
Interim Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
Professor, School of Public Policy
(951) 827-1126
(951) 827-7942
Executive Assistant: Mona Nelson