[Orgvpdue] UE news

Ken Baerenklau ken.baerenklau at ucr.edu
Thu Jun 16 16:54:33 PDT 2022

UE Colleagues
I write with some news about UE that we'll be able to discuss more at our next All Hands meeting in July.
This summer, we will welcome University Honors back to UE. Professor Rich Cardullo will continue to serve in his leadership role for the honors program and will acquire some new responsibilities from UE Student Engagement, as well, serving as our inaugural Associate Dean for University Honors. We also will launch an internal campus recruitment for an inaugural Associate Dean for Student Success. This portfolio will include the Health Professions Advising Center, the Academic Resource Center, and a new position in the area of Black Student Success. In response to the 2020 external review of Academic Advising at UCR, the Associate Dean for Student Success also will have an important coordinating/convening role for academic advising campus-wide, and will work closely with the associate deans and Student Advising Managers in the schools and colleges. We expect to have this position filled before Fall 2022.
As part of this reorganization, we parted ways with Dr. Tom Dickson. Tom served UE ably for five years as Assistant Vice Provost, and we wish him well.
Ken

Kenneth A. Baerenklau, Ph.D.
Associate Provost and Chief of Staff
Interim Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
Professor, School of Public Policy
(951) 827-1126
(951) 827-7942
Executive Assistant: Mona Nelson