[Orgvpdue] Important Updates

Vpdueadmin vpdueadmin at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 5 12:45:34 PST 2022

Good afternoon UE,

Please see the message below from Sean.

________________________________

Greetings Colleagues and Happy New Year,

As we continue to navigate the rough waters of winter quarter return, and increasing cases of COVID, the flu, and the common cold, I wanted to touch base regarding department management and approach should directors become sick.

We currently have a handful of UE leadership team members out sick. Each department has a backup leader to step in when a director is out sick: for Student Engagement this is Rena Burton<mailto:rena.roberts at ucr.edu>, for Summer Session this is Katherine Sathornkich<mailto:katherine.sathornkich at ucr.edu>, for XCITE this is Israel Fletes<mailto:israel.fletes at ucr.edu>, and for UWP this is Jill Cantonwine<mailto:jill.cantonwine at ucr.edu>.  We have ensured coverage across UE departments to backfill any needs resulting from leadership team members being out ill. Given the current remote instruction through week two of the quarter, the UE Hinderaker office, HPAC and XCITE will operate fully remote until in-person instruction begins. Once again, our priority is team health and safety. We will work with the ARC to reduce on-campus operations and optimize the workforce until the end of January.

Please continue to check in regularly to the campus COVID website (campusreturn.ucr.edu)  for the latest updates. Additionally, I will keep you all updated as the CFAO's are given new information regarding in-person operations. For those currently working on campus, make sure you have completed the COVID testing requirements, and complete the Wellness Survey each day you are on campus.

Thank you all for your patience, dedication, and flexibility as UCR works towards finalizing plans for the winter quarter. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have additional questions or concerns.

Many thanks!!

Sean.

Sean T Cason
Financial & Administrative Services
Chief Financial & Administrative Officer (CFAO)
Enrollment Services, Undergraduate Education, International Affairs, Honors
900 University Ave. | 3113 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521-0120
P: 951.827.4020 | C: 951.531.4316
Sean.cason at ucr.edu<mailto:Sean.cason at ucr.edu>
https://fast.ucr.edu/