[Orgvpdue] UE Staffing Changes

Vpdueadmin vpdueadmin at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 22 13:04:24 PDT 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,

I want to share that Joey Mavity has accepted a new position and will sadly be leaving UCR. I first noticed Joey while working at Oregon State University and he was serving as UCR's University Innovation Alliance Fellow at the UIA Summit in Atlanta. I knew then that he was the sort of person I wanted to work with - passionate, committed to students, and unwavering in his drive to improve the experiences of all those around him.

Much of Joey's work happens behind the scenes, but his indelible impact on UCR will be felt long after he is gone. His work on the early ideation for the Student Success Center while in the Provost's office represented a fresh collaborative and consultative approach to exploring ideas for that space. He played a critical role in the Course Scheduling Workgroup and the development methodology, design, and testing of the prototype ultimately adopted. The Bridging the Gap from Education to Employment grant was also the result of his hard work, helping improve career prospects for UCR graduates. Personally, I and Undergraduate Education benefit daily from his broad understanding of trends in higher education from his time as a fellow combined with his sensitive understanding of the needs of UCR.

While Joey is leaving UCR, he is continuing his work in student success. He will be joining EduNav, an educational technology startup working to make student's path to degree as smooth and straightforward as possible. His last day as a UCR employee will be April 5, and I hope you can say goodbye between now and then.

Best,

Jennifer

Jennifer Brown, Ph.D.
Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
Professor in Public Policy
1100 Hinderaker Hall
Tel: 951-827-7942
Fax: 951-827-7745